Happy Tuesday, everyone! It must be time for some Goodies, and oh do we have some stuff this week. First off, this was a fantastic week for music. While Mumford and Sons will surely get the most attention, Best Coast has what might be their best album, Mikal Cronin continues with his third consecutive great album, and Ivan & Alyosha came out of nowhere to give us a ton of good stuff to listen to.
But before that, check out this awesome parody music video from Amy Schumer. It’s fantastic!
- Wilder Mind by Mumford and Sons
- Born Under Saturn by Django Django
- California Nights by Best Coast
- MCIII by Mikal Cronin
- It’s All Just Pretend by Ivan & Alyosha
- Fading Love by George FitzGerald
Phew, made it!
Links of Note
- Love Is The Most Powerful Magic – A Harry Potter-inspired EP from the always awesome Jonathan Mann
- Why the NFL just gave up its nonprofit status: to escape scrutiny (Vox)
- Watch, Apple Watch (Daring Fireball)
- Watch Elon Musk announce Tesla Energy in the best tech keynote I’ve ever seen (The Verge)
- In Praise of Bad Steve (The Atlantic)
- Distractions (Matt Gemmell)
- Watch: Microsoft Build 2015 keynote in 9 minutes (The Verge YouTube)
- Apple Watch (early) Review (me, but I really think you should check it out)
Swag of the Week
The limited edition Rock, Path, Grass pocket notebooks from Baron Fig just came out a few weeks ago. I got this set last week, and I really, really like them. They have soft textured covers with really nice, thick pages inside. My one gripe is that you get one lined, one dot grid, and one blank notebook each. I would have loved to have been able to say I want them all with the dot grid.
They’re smaller than the standard Field Notes and Moleskine pocket notebooks. I kind of like this as they fit in my back pocket a little better.