The Birchtree Newsletter, October 2022
Hello and welcome to autumn! Big old mess of a month for me, but lots of good things as well. My biggest personal news was that I got LASIK in the middle of the month and I'm so happy I did it. It's a strange experience, and I'll write about it soon if you're curious, but it's a dream to be able to see all the time without thinking about glasses or contacts. It may seem like a small thing to some, but it's something that's bothered me since I was 10 years old. It's strange to make a fundamental physical change to your body like this, but it's a good strange.
- You can now run Stable Diffusion on any Apple silicon Mac with ease
- Kiwi Farms was a shit hole, and this Twitter conversation has tons of stories from people who's lives were made worse by its existence
- Atkinson Hyperlegible is a hyper-legible font you can download for free. If you're reading this on the web, this very text is using it 😉
- Koe Recast lets you change your voice surprisingly convincingly
- My Obsidian friends will appreciate the Obsidian Minimal theme, which has been updated to work well with tabs
Sorry, not much in the way of music picks this month, but the new Sawayama album has a few bangers on it.