Goodies: July 7 Share
Good morning, everyone! We had some crazy storms here in Illinois last night, but we've survived and come out the other end in one piece. I may or may not have gone out to get tacos in the middle of the madness because, you know, tacos. I think they were worth it.
Here's a video of the Foo Fighters rocking Washington D.C. with Dave Grohl in a lighted guitar throne.
- Rocket League (PS4)
Links of Note
- No Man’s Sky: watch 18 minutes of footage explaining exactly what you do in the game - VG247
- Watch Dogs changed Ubisoft's approach to showing pre-release games - Destructoid
- Why Web Design is Dead - UX Magazine
- Reddit In Chaos After Allegedly Firing AMA Coordinator Victoria Taylor - Gawker
- Wunderline. Wunderlist for your command line! - Wunderline
- Keiji Inafune: video gaming's harshest critic - Eurogamer
- Why Lego Is Spending Millions To Ditch Oil-Based Plastic - Fast Company
- How I killed app sales by going freemium - Medium
- Review: BrandYourself Helps You Game Search Results About You - Re/code
- Designers Redesign the Coke Bottle for its 100th Anniversary - The UltraLinx
- Jon Stewart takes on Justice Scalia's dissent to the marriage equality ruling - Vox
- Bitcoin Is Unsustainable - Motherboard
Swag of the Week
Stephen Hacket is quitting his day job and going full time on his web projects, 512 Pixels, Relay, and freelancing. In good nerd form he's selling a t-shirt to help propel him into this brave new world. The shirt is pretty awesome even if you don't know who Stephen is. I ordered mine already and I think you should too.