Wow, isn’t sleeping in just wonderful? I typically wake up before 7am on my days off so I can get going on my “side hussles” (as Casey Liss would call them), but I decided to relax a little and get some much needed ZZZs.I woke up to the new The Tallest Man on Earth album, so I’m presently just in a state of bliss. Combine that with a particularly good cup of coffee, and I am officially the opposite of a tortured artist today.
Today’s video is a great shot from the crowd of Derrick Rose’s game 3 buzzer beater against the Cavs. Go Bulls!
- Dark Bird is Home by The Tallest Man on Earth
- 1000 Palms by Surfer Blood
- [Pre Order] Currents by Tame impalla
Links of Note
- Why are the stories in video games so bad? (BoingBoing)
- Pedometer++ hits 1,000,000 downloads (David Smith)
- Game of Thrones recreated in Google Maps (Etsy)
- Marques Brownlee featured as one of Fast Company’s most creative people of 2015 (Fast Company)
- Kevin Rose co-hosts the second episode of The New Screen Savers (TWiT)
- What Happens After You Die (Digg)
- Jessica Williams interviews the “hate class of 2015” (The Daily Show)
- Why Ken Jennings’s ‘Jeopardy!’ Streak Is Nearly Impossible To Break (FiveThirtyEight)
- Flickr’s New Magical Search Tool Knows What’s in Your Pics (Wired)
- Redesigning Overcast’s Apple Watch app (Marco Arment)
- Avoiding Burnout (Shawn Blanc)
- Cosmodrome (Brianna Wu’s new tech/gaming blog)
Swag of the Week
image via cNet
I finally got a case for my new iPhone 6 plus, and the Apple Silicone Case is great for adding some grip and protection. I got the blue one, and I’ve had a few people say it looks like a giant iPhone 5C, which I’m totally okay with.