🟩 Not Wordle, Just a Newsletter (#102)
It's Friday, which means it's time for some fun links! Music is back today as well 🙂
- You're better off flipping a coin than listening to the groundhog. Come on, Phil!
- People keep acting like getting Covid either kills you or makes you stronger, but study after study shows that's not the case.
- Beautiful data visualization of how much money Americans make.
- I don't have a Tesla (probably never will), but their recent software update really seems to have peeved people.
- Schwinn's new branding is fantastic!
A Bit of Music
Mitski hit me like a freight train when I first heard her in 2018's Be the Cowboy, and Laurel Hell is a more joyous, more uptempo affair, which I think will appeal to even more people.
I'm iterating on how to show music here, so let me know what you think, but click the image to get links to music services, and the bold tracks are the ones that stand out to me.
Michael Hobbes, formerly of the You're Wrong About podcast, has a fantastic breakdown of how "cancel culture" is the new moral panic, in the spirit of "stranger danger" or the "satanic panic".
There are a lot of problems in America, but our zoning laws have got to be on the list of things we need to change if we're going to make this a better place for millenials who should be buying into the housing market today bu just can't.
Some lighter fare, The Verge has a good roundup of the best webcams you can get for your computer.
And finally, a bit of self-promotion as Fantastical added a scheduling feature that might let you kick those dedicated services to the curb.