🇺🇦 (Newsletter #106)
Hey there and happy Friday!
- Preparation H is doing a rebrand. Maybe not the link you thought I'd start with this week, but I bet you clicked it. 😉
- Would you like to donate to help in Ukraine and get some great games out of it? itch.io has you covered. And since most of these are weird games, here are a few I can recommend that are mainstream, high quality games: Celeste, Golf Peaks, SkateBIRD, A Short Hike, and Baba is You, all of which run on macOS too.
- Celebrating women-led font foundries.
- Speaking of fonts, Henrietta is this week's delightful, but affordable font (it's also bring used for my site title and headlines already!).
- Were you curious what Swedes think of the Swedish Chef?
Some Good Music
This one almost feels like cheating, but I figure there are two reactions to this suggestion:
- I've heard of this but never listened before, I'll give it a shot today.
- OMFG I LOVE THIS ALBUM HOW HAVE I NOT LISTENED IN YEARS???
I'm okay with either.
And how about a bonus pick that's newer? Holly Humberstone released 3 of my favorite pop songs last year, which isn't bad for an EP. She was 21 when she made this record and I can't wait to see what her future holds.
I love Climate Town, and this video makes a strong argument against U.S. energy companies playing the victim right now.
The Studio crew reacts to Apple's Peek Performance event. Pay attention to the prices they expect for the new Studio lineup.
Whenever one of these "Artist X is suing Artist Y for copying their music" stories hits the news, you just need to wait a few days for someone to put together the case that "y'all, your music isn't that unique, settle down." Stick around to the end to see how if the artist complaining here wins, then they should prepare to be sued by Outkast since they did it 20 years ago (on a record people actually heard).
This is the most incredible smartphone storage solution I've ever seen!