Goodies: August 11
Good morning, everyone and welcome to the post-Google world! Google announced a major reshuffling of thier corporate structure yesteray, and it was basically the only thing anyone has been talking about since. This is huge news, and I think it's great news for everyone who loves Google products. Expect a bonus episode of Bite Size Tech a little later today where I share my take on the whole deal.
At the very least, abc.xyz is a pretty rad URL.
Our video this week is this incredibly painful rowing video that I can't even describe. I don't know what anyone is doing, but I know that I feel bad for everyone involved in this video. Oof.
- Everybody's Going to the Rapture (PS4)
- Goat Simulator (PS4/PS3)
- OlliOlli: Welcome to Olliwood (Windows)
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS4/Xbox One) - Wednesday
- Fallout Shelter (Android) - Thursday
Links of Note
- Windows 10 is spying on almost everything you do - here's how to opt out - BGR
- Apple can't change the world every six months (and shouldn't try) - Apple World Today
- Opinion: That's Not a Heart Rate Monitor - WatchAware
- HTC stored user fingerprints as image file in unencrypted folder - The Guardian
- A New Soft Technology - Breaking Smart
- Hello Moto - Rusty Rants
- There are no lucky independent developers - Polygon
- Netscape changed the internet—and the world—when it went public 20 years ago - Quartz
- Iterate and Release Often - Dan Counsell
Swag of the Week
<img src="http://static1.squarespace.com/static/558e2322e4b0f74ef3e717b7/558ea28be4b08a526530b76c/55c980bbe4b064b361d7c092/1439269053407//img.png" alt=""/>
I don't usually link to app bundles, but this one is really great. StackSocial has a bundle with 10 apps that are actually worth your time and moeny. Screens and CrossOver are the killer apps in my opinion, but there's a ton in here that could be useful to just about anyone.
You get all 10 apps if you pay more than the average selling price, which is currently $6.63.