The Birchtree Newsletter, January 2023
Happy new year! I'm sending this one out a bit early just for fun. Enjoy your new year's and here's to an excellent 2023 🎉
- Adobe's new voice improvement app is awesome. Here's a sample I made showing how it works.
- Interesting list of tools Hacker News users say have saved them over 100 hours
- Here's some of the good stuff entering the public domain…checks calendar…today!
- Every 10 years Sight & Sound asks a bunch of filmmakers and critics what their favorite movies are. They just did their 2022 list and it's…well I think it's a bit tryhard, but there's undoubtedly some great stuff on here.
- Spotify has really pushed the whole "wrapped" format, with everyone doing one these days. I love stats, so I love these, and this year I'll point my fellow video game fans to ones from Nintendo, PlayStation, and Steam.
- Phanpy is a cool custom web front end of Mastodon.
- A rad dynamic wallpaper for your Mac.
- I'm intrigued by Blinkist, a service that creates 10-15 minute audio versions of books. I'm not a fan of this for fiction, but considering how many productivity books are really just a single idea with tons of fluff, I don't hate this as a concept. I'm planning on starting a trial this month and seeing how it is.
- This page lets you enter a name and see if more people or dogs have that name. Enjoy nervously testing your own name 😝
See you next month!