CleanShot X is on a Roll
I've been a big fan of CleanShot X for a few years now, and it's genuinely become one of the most essential tools on my Mac. That's why I was so happy when the team who makes CleanShot asked if I would work with them on creating their new feature videos to include in their release notes for each notable release. I've embedded the videos below, and I really think the work they've done so far in 2022 have made the app better in meaningful ways.
I haven't talked about these changes really since these are paid videos, and I don't want to imply a conflict of interest, but as I've said before, you can't buy sponsored posts on this blog, so I hope you believe me when I say these are good updates. Here's what they've added in 2022 that's proven useful for me:
- Locking video aspect ratios for recording (16x9 on part of the screen is so useful!)
- Keyboard shortcuts for the Quick Access Overlay actions like save, copy, close, and edit.
- All-in-one mode is a single shortcut to get to all CleanShot's actions. It also remembers your last screenshot/video area, and lets you take it again with a click.
- Curved arrows are minor but useful more often than I expected.
- Zoom in and out in the editor 🙌
- Video can go full screen with just a click, which is great for presentations.
Again, this is not a sponsored post, but I wanted to call out a few things that have made CleanShot an even better tool for me this year.