Goodies: June 2
Good morning, everyone! Check out this stellar video of Shelby Mitchusson performing Eminem’s Lose Yourself in ASL. I promise it will get your day off to a good start.
- How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful by Florence + The Machine
- In Color by Janie XX
- The High Country by Someone Still Loves You Boris Yelstin
Links of Note
- ‘Inside Out,’ Pixar’s New Movie From Pete Docter, Goes Inside the Mind_) (The New York Times)
- Review: Pebble Time - A BEAUTIFUL CONCEPT, A SHODDY REALITY (Wired)
- Google Wants To Be Your Everything (BuzzFeed)
- Spark Review: Smart Email (MacStories)
- We need to talk about emulation (Eurogamer)
- Target’s early Back-to-College Video Game Sale (Target)
Swag of the Week
HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites is a great tool for learning how to code websites. I used it extensively when I was teaching myself this stuff a couple years ago. The book looks nice and is a pleasure to read. I still keep this in my desk to reference from time to time. Considering how good a simple Google search is for figuring out most code questions, the fact that this book still gets my recommendation speaks to its quality.
It’s $15 new on Amazon right now, which is more than a fair price.