I'm not going to do a full review of the phone, but a few thoughts I wanted to share:
- I generally like the physical design.
- The massive camera bar on the back is good and bad. It's awesome to have the phone not rock when sitting on a flat surface, but it's also a really chunky monkey, and I don't love how it looks.
- Still photos from the main lens look so good! As good, if not better than the iPhone 13 Pro.
- Photos from the wide camera are not so good, and it lacks autofocus, so it feels more like the ultra-wide from the iPhone 11/12, and now I'm spoiled by the iPhone 13 ultrawide. This also means no macro mode.
- Video is solid, but the iPhone is still way better here.
- The in-screen fingerprint sensor is not good. At best it's slow, and at worst it doesn't work at all.
- Performance is great and the 90Hz screen looks fantastic.
- I continue to love always-on screens, and I look forward to the iPhone hopefully get this one day.
- The haptics are great, and Android 12 has some subtle Apple Watch-style bumps that make things like scrolling through recent apps really satisfying.