The Best Book of All Time Is… (Newsletter #97)
Happy Friday! Let's roll into the weekend with a blow-out collection of links and other goodies!
- Must read: a status page and interactive timeline to follow along with the James Webb Space Telescope.
- Footprints discovered in New Mexico show humans were in North America about 5,000 years earlier than we previously thought.
- Cinematographers talked to IndieWire about what gear they used to shoot some of last year's most beautiful movies.
- The New York Times asked their readers what they considered the best book of all time, and they said…
- Speaking of books, how about the best book covers of 2021?
- The 2022 print typography report.
- Design trends to watch in 2022.
- Finally, Cartridge is a new (affordable!) font that is so slick I am scheming to find a place I can use it in my life today.
A bit of self-promotion here, but I wanted to share what I have on my iPhone home screen going into 2022.
I get a very specific thrill from watching musicians walking through their Logic projects to show how they created a song. There's always so much more than I expect, and I'm just enthralled by it.
A Kickstarter seemed like a scam, so this guy tried to make it actually happen. The results are…well, you can just watch 😉
I'm still having issues with tweets displaying correctly in the email, so here are screenshots (click on an image to go to the tweet on Twitter). Still working on it!