Goodies: August 4, 2015
Good morning, everyone! Big news this week is I'm moving in less than 2 weeks. My wife and I finally found a good place, and after years of commuting over an hour to get to work, my new commute will be less than 5 minutes. The only downside I can see is that my podcast-listening time is about to shrink dramatically. I guess I can deal...
This week's video is Kurt Vile's new single, Pretty Pimpin. I've shared this a couple times already on Twitter, but I had to share it one more time because I can not stop listening to this song. Kurt Vile has been on a roll for years, and this single is just another awesome step along the way.
- Rare Replay (Xbox One)
Links of Note
- Theft, Lies, and Facebook - Hank Green
- Keeping my head above water - Radiant Tap
- Review: Three Months of Apple Watch - 512 Pixels
- Windows 10 Review: Microsoft Takes a Step Back to Move Forward - Recode
- Be Unfailingly Kind - Rands in Repose
- The Story of Windows 10 from Inside Microsoft - The Verge
- Goodbye, Android - Motherboard
- Vine's Quiet, Stealthy Pivot - Fast Company
- Inside the failure of Google+, a very expensive attempt to unseat Facebook - Mashable
- $600 premium Android phones are getting harder and harder to sell - VentureBeat
Swag of the Week
<img src="http://static1.squarespace.com/static/558e2322e4b0f74ef3e717b7/558ea28be4b08a526530b76c/55c0985ee4b0240bae3aba7c/1438685281016//img.png" alt=""/>
The MoKo Soft Silicone Apple Watch Replacement Sport Band it too good of a deal to be true, but it just may be real. This band is a rip off of Apple's Sport Band, but at $10 it's hard to resist trying it out. Mine is in the mail on the recommendation of WatchAware. I have the blue one coming in the next couple days and will definitely be sharing my thoughts.