It’s so goddamn (can I swear here?) beautiful outside right now! I’m writing this at 6:45 in the morning and the sun is out, the temperature is in the low 60s, and there’s a breeze blowing in the open window. The world is quiet, save for the train station just a few blocks away. I can hear the suburbanites rushing to catch their train to take them downtown.
It’s times like this that I feel very lucky to do what I do. I work for a surprisingly substantial tech company, and I don’t have to move to the big city to do it. Our office is right here in town, a short 5 minute bike ride away. I also don’t need to be in the office until later in the morning, so I get this time to think and to write and to exercise when I can’t write (or I really want to legitimize eating a muffin).
This is a special time for me, and it’s something that I know eventually will be filled with a great many things that take up more of my time. But for now, I’m going to enjoy every moment. Today is Tuesday, and of course that means we’re due for some Goodies!
- TODAY Soma (PS4/PC/Mac)
- TODAY FIFA 16 (PS4/XBO/PC)
- FRIDAY Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)
- FRIDAY Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 (PS4/XBO/PS3/360)
- SUNDAY Lego Dimensions (PS4/XBO/WiiU/PS3/360)
Links of note
- watchOS 2 Review – iMore
- Ads are dead, long live ads – Marko Savic
- The Pixar iPhone – Above Avalon
- Dash, a new feature of Mail Pilot for the Mac – Mail Pilot
- “We Own You” Confessions of an Anonymous Free to Play Producer – TouchArcade
- iOS 9 Review – 48,000 words on Apple’s latest release by Federico Viticci
- What Your iPhone Doesn’t Tell Apple – WSJ
- The man and the island: Wandering through Jonathan Blow’s The Witness – ArsTechnica
Swag of the Week
You probably own Dark Sky for the iPhone…wait, you don’t?!?! Go get it now! It’s $3.99, and it’s money well spent. It’s easily my favorite weather app for the iPhone and Apple Watch. Dark Sky also just got updated for watchOS 2.0, so you can get a Dark Sky complication on your watch face and the app is much faster than before.