Happy Friday! Just a normal update today, although intrepid readers will notice the tweets aren't here. I'm taking a week off Twitter, so sadly one of the downsides is I don't have anything fun to share with you all but rest assured they'll be back in good time!
- Miniature Calendar is a wonderful little site. It even has an RSS feed if you want to follow along.
- Covid-19 cases in the U.S. are way down from the Omicron spike, and deaths/hospitalizations are starting to drop as well, although both are still about as bad as they've ever been. But with cases down, those numbers should start to drop in the next few weeks as well. And so the roller coaster continues.
- Here's a staunch critic of side-loading on the iPhone on why they're changing their mind.
- 84% of cars sold in Norway in January 2022 were electric.
- This person is using A.I. to create realistic versions of cartoon characters, and the results are distressing.
- A fascinating thread with tips for a developer who's going blind.
Some Good Music
Spoon might be the most reliably great bands I listen to regularly, and their latest album continues their streak.
I'm not saying I endorse every idea in this video, I'm not an expert, but I do find it really interesting to see how other countries do things, and the anxieties around "will I ever be able to afford a home?" is a pertinent question to basically everyone my age.
Inscryption seems like the best game I missed last year, and I need to find time to give it a shot.
You probably already saw it, but in case you didn't, the Super Bowl halftime show featuring Dr. Dre, Mark J. Blige, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, and 50 Cent was a banger.
A very fun video showing how easy it is to pass yourself off as an insider (at least for a little while).