Donald Trump is about to be our 45th President, and I think the American people have made a terrible mistake. As some have said, you can’t just stick your head in the sand for 4 years or move to Canada. Nor can you be like the Republicans in 2008 and decide that when the President says “yes” you ay “no.” We need to work together to improve the country, even if we don’t have the president we deserve.
In the spirit of this, I wanted to compile a short list of the promises Donald Trump has made to his supporters. These are not things that he was elected in spite of, he was elected because he promised to do these things. Trump will be the first to tell you that he’s a guy who “tells it like it is” and doesn’t blow smoke, so one can only assume he’s dead serious about all of these. We’ll revisit this as time moves on, and judge Trump on how successful he is at fulfilling these promises.
- Build a physical wall between the US and Mexico
- Make Mexico pay for that wall
- Deport 10+ million illegal immigrants
- Kill Common Core
- Eliminate net neutrality
- Eliminate Department of Education
- Repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act
- Rebuild the nation’s infrastructure, by investing $1 trillion
- Defund Planned Parenthood
- Ban Muslims from entering the United States
- Create a database for Muslims living in the US
- Assign and special prosecutor and lock up Hillary Clinton
- Kill the families of terrorists
- Waterboarding and torture are fine methods of interrogation
- Make Apple build it’s products in the United States
- Grow the economy by 6%
- Kill the Dodd-Frank Act
- Kill the Consumer Protection Act
- Eliminate gun-free zones in schools
It’s going to be an interesting couple of years.